I am happy to announce the release of Project Restoration 1.5.9, the first set of bug fixes and improvements since 2020!
To install or update Project Restoration, follow the instructions here. For those of you who aren't familiar with this project, check out our home page!
Changes since 1.5.8
- Several tweaks to the Elegy of Emptiness and Stone Tower were made to improve the user experience.
- The statue is now spawned faster and it is now impossible to accidentally step off floor switches before the statue has materialised. This helps avoid unncessary floor switch cutscenes.
- Stone Tower blocks now move at a less dizzying speed.
- ISG (Infinite Sword Glitch) was reimplemented.
- The console sound setting is now honoured; the game no longer forces surround mode. This can improve sound quality in some setups.
- Fixed a softlock that could occur if an owl statue is hit immediately after playing the ocarina.
- Fixed Link being able to transform into Goron Link while carrying Mystery or Moldy Milk.
- Fixed a rare, random crash that could occur if ZR was held during transitions.
- Fixed quick arrow swapping quirks when L targeting.
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
HD HUD update
Users of the HD HUD mod should set up the patch and custom textures again: some HD textures weren't usable because of a packaging mistake and A and B button text could show up blurry.
The latest version of the mod also fixes an invalid memory read that could occur whenever Tatl wants to give a hint to Link. The bug actually doesn't crash the game on Citra, but better fix it anyway!
Elegy of Emptiness comparison
This video is slightly old and several tweaks have been made since it was recorded (notably, the darkness effect was removed), but here is a comparison between the original game and Project Restoration:
Project Restoration is an open-source project. For more information about the project, including development details and rationale for some of the changes, refer to the GitHub repository.
Thanks to all our contributors and users who reported issues!